It’s hard to believe, but we have a one month old baby. Everyone said time would fly by and it has! For the first two weeks I barely picked up my DSLR camera. I did take photos with my iPhone but to me, it was WAY more important to enjoy the moments together. I might regret it later but living in the moment is worth it to me.
The first week and a half was overwhelming and hard at times. I would cry over everything: just looking at her, nursing her at 3am and after her doctors appointments. It was kind of ridiculous! Then one day I woke up and felt like myself. At that point I turned a corner and everything was a little bit easier. We have adjusted being a family of three. I remind myself when I’m exhausted that the IVF shots were worth the cute snuggles.
I want us to remember all the things that have happened over the first four weeks. Vivienne here are a few memories from month one:
- You lets us sleep 4-6 hours during the night- thank you!
- You started talking – baby talk
- You have the best facial expressions
- We know when you’re hungry
- You have a cute little harness you wear for your hip dysplasia- a new cool accessory
- We have endless nicknames for you! To name a few: Vivi, angel face, squishy face
- I’m obsessed with your wavy hair, along with everyone else who meets you
- Watching your daddy take care of you melts my heart every time
- The way you look up at us when we snuggle. It’s like your afraid we are going to leave!
- Taking you to the doctors and after one month you weigh 9lbs 15oz – a growing girl
- You melt our hearts when you smile at us
- The blowouts that are too impressive to get upset about (most of the time) 🙂
Here are a few of Vivienne’s favorite things:
- She loves looking out the window, looking at light fixtures or looking up at the fans
- She loves sleeping on her stomach on our chests
- She loves the car
- She’s a beach bum already!
- She looks pretty in pink!
I still CANNOT believe that I’m a MOM and that you are our daughter! I’m so thankful that our IVF journey worked out. I love our little family! We love you beautiful girl!
xoxo Jen Araya